5 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp (rounded) saf-instant yeast
1 1/2 Tbsp oil
2 cups hot water
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins, optional
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
For the dough-
1. Mix dry ingredients. Add oil and water. Mix for 1 minute and then
check the consistency of the dough. The dough should be very sticky.
If it is too dry, add more water.
2. Mix for 5 minutes. (Do not add any more flour after the dough has finished mixing.)
3. Spray kneading surface with cooking spray and turn dough out onto
surface. Knead dough briefly until it has a smooth even consistency
(this will only take several turns of the dough to accomplish).
For the filling-
4. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into
a 16×21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle
evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture and raisins. Roll up dough and cut
into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
Cover and let rise for 25 minutes.
6. Bake rolls for 25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and internal temperature reaches 190 degrees.
7. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter,
powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread frosting on warm rolls before
I experimented by adapting 2 recipes and putting them together and I
have never had cinnamon rolls turn out so well before. This recipe is a
Original recipes found here: http://www.lafujimama.com/2009/09/simple-one-hour-homemade-bread/
And here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/clone-of-a-cinnabon/detail.aspx